The application process for the Young Professionals Program will open from June 14 to July 28, 2017. Highly qualified professionals skilled in World Bank Group technical areas are eligible to apply for this program.
Around 40 candidates select for this program every year. Selected Young Professionals are offered a five-year renewable term contract. They spend 24 months in a structured development program and enjoy a variety of opportunities.
Eligibility for the program
- Citizenship of a World Bank Group member country
- Be born on or after October 1, 1985
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
- Fluency in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
- At least three years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level
Benefits and Opportunities
- Young Professionals are offered an internationally competitive salary, based on their education and professional experience
- Health, Life, Accident, and Other Insurance Programs
- The WBG sponsors a comprehensive pension plan for eligible staff
- Relocation Benefits,Travel, Shipment and Grant opportunities
- Also offer Mobility Premium, Tax Allowance and Financial Assistance programs.
- June–September: Review of applications
- October: Technical review of second round candidates.
- mid-November– late December: Interviews are scheduled at WBG headquarters in Washington, D.C., USA and our office in Paris, France
- December–January: YPP interviews: learn more about the YPP interview process
- February: Decisions and offers are communicated
- September: New YP cohorts start
- You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility for the Young Professionals Program and,
- You have all the information at hand including key dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates/Transcripts, PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded
- Describe in fewer than 1,000 words your own contribution and the potential role of World Bank in resolving some of the mentioned challenges. Focus on your area of expertise to describe your proposal.
For further information visit the website