Apply for the DESY Summer Internship 2019 in Germany. The DESY Summer Student Programme 2019 will take place in Hamburg or Zeuthen (Berlin).
Each summer DESY offers undergraduate students in physics or related natural science disciplines the possibility to participate in the research activities of the laboratory. In 2019 the program takes place from July 16 to September 5.
DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. Each summer DESY offers students in physics or related natural science disciplines the opportunity to participate in its research activities. About 100 students from all over the world take part in DESY’s research and attend the lecture program.
Undergraduate & Master Students Enrolled in physics or Related Natural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Crystallography, Materials and Geological Sciences, Computing & engineering disciplines can apply for summer student program in Germany.
The duration of the 2019 summer internship in Germany is 7 days. No IELTS or TOEFL required for DESY Internship application.
- Please take note that due to regulations for paid traineeships in Germany we can only accept students that are enrolled at their university for the whole period of the summerstudent programme.
- Applicants should have completed, by the summer of 2019, at least three years of full-time studies at university level in physics or related natural science disciplines.
- The main target audiences are students who in summer 2019 are at the following two stages:
- They are about to obtain their Bachelor degree
- They have a Bachelor degree and are within the first year of studies for a Master degree.
- Applicants should not have previously been at DESY as a summer student
Please note that all applicants should have a good working knowledge of English, some basic computing skills and are committed to attend the whole programme.
The DESY international summer internship will cover:
- 1100 Euros per month (800 Euro per month for people commuting from Hamburg and surroundings)
- Travel expenses will be subsidized
In the course of this application you will have to upload a few documents. The uploading is to be done on the second page of the application All documents are preferably in pdf format.
- CV (curriculum vitae), the CV should be in tabular form only and contain personal data, educational history / relevant work experience, computing and other relevant work skills (usually one or two pages are sufficient for the complete CV).
- University grade certificates (e.g. bachelor certificate, credit points, etc.)
International Applicants from Non-EU and Non-EEA Countries need a working permission for Germany and are requested to upload two further documents:
- The following Certificate of Enrollment has to be filled in and stamped and signed by your university: Certificate Of Enrollment
- A copy of your valid passport in English language.
- Two reference letters: Please note that you need to ask your two referees for their permission before giving their names and email addresses in this online form. The referees will get an automatic email notification with instructions where to upload their reference letters.
In case you cannot find the answers please write to email@example.com. Please take note that, depending on the period of the year, it can take a while until they get back to you.
To apply, Click here