A*STAR Computing and Information Science (ACIS) Scholars will have invaluable opportunities to research on real-world issues across the whole spectrum of computing science, from deep learning for healthcare, data analytics for improved machine learning, to modelling and simulation for advanced applications. Scholars will be working hand-in-hand with autonomous universities, government agencies and top global companies that are collaborating with A*STAR.
The ACIS Scholarship provides a competitive stipend of up to S$5,000 monthly, on top of other allowances, and full tuition fees support for up to four years of PhD studies at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) or Singapore Management University (SMU).
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Satisfy the criteria for and gain admission to a PhD programme* in one of the following schools:
- NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering
- NUS School of Computing
- SMU School of Information Systems
- SUTD Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar
- Have obtained at least a 2nd Upper Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Have strong interest to pursue a CIS research career in industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and/or academia.
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to four years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance and CPF contribution (where applicable) based on the prevailing employer’s contribution rate^
|Monthly Sustenance Allowance||Amount|
|For Singapore Citizens||S$5,000|
|For Singapore Permanent Citizens^||S$4,000|
|For Non-Singapore Citizens^||S$3,750|
- Other allowances including
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Miscellaneous allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Support for up to 12 months of overseas attachment
The application cycle is aligned to the university admission intakes in August or January each year, as follows.
|Admission Intake||Last day for submission of online application with complete set of supporting documents|
|August||31 January 2019|
|January||31 July of the preceding year|
Applicants should concurrently apply PhD admission to their intended university.
Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their scholarship application.
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|City||Connexis North Tower|
|Organizer||Agency for Science, Technology and Research|
|Contact the firstname.lastname@example.org|