The Centre for Human Rights in partnership with University of Pretoria is offering 15 full Masters in Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa degree scholarships, academic year 2019. The scholarships is worth US$15,000 …
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP:
The Centre for Human Rights in partnership with University of Pretoria and the European Union is offering 15 full Masters in Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa degree scholarships.
The goal of the scholarship is to train and nurture a pool of talented applicants to;
- Gain knowledge in raising awareness about sexual and reproductive rights
- Acquire skills needed for engaging the public in the understanding of sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Tackling stigma and discrimination attached to sexual and reproductive health rights
The scholarships are warded to talented African students to pursue LLM/MPhil at the University of Pretoria, academic year 2019.
The Masters in Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa is a 2 year programme. The course is structure as follows;
- A blended learning course including online interaction
- Residential block-weeks in Pretoria.
- 2 yearly contact sessions . Therefore, there will be 4 contact sessions over the period of 2 years.
Candidates for these scholarships MUST meet the following eligibility criteria;
- LLM degree applicants must have graduate with a LLB degree or equivalent
- MPhil degree is meant for non-lawyers who have an undergraduate degree in an academic discipline relevant to sexual & reproductive rights in Africa.
- Have excellent academic records and
- Demonstrate human rights experience or interest is pursuing the subject at a masters level.
Other qualifications in an academic discipline relevant to sexual & reproductive rights in Africa is also accepted. However, it is dependent on the decision by the Dean.
The Scholarships is worth US$15, 000. Funding by the European Union is available.
HOW TO APPLY:
Create an account and then apply
30th June 2019
Please, visit the scholarship website for further information before submitting your masters degree application