UNHCR is offering fully funded undergraduate scholarships for refugees, academic year 2019. The scholarship cover; Tuition fees, study materials, food, transport and accommodation …
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP:
UNHCR scholarship programme was created in 1992 to assist refugee students access higher education. The program is delivered through the Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative (DAFI).
The scholarship aims to support refugee student’s development employability skills as well as excel academically.
Scholarship recipients will receive continuous additional support, monitoring, academic preparation, psychosocial support, mentoring, networking opportunities and language classes based on students’ needs.
Burundi, Benin, Burkina Faso, Botswana, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Chad, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Mozambique, Mali, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Niger, Rwanda, South Africa, South Sudan, Senegal, Sudan, Togo, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
MIDDLE EAST & NORTHERN AFRICA (MENA):
Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Jordan, Morocco, Mauritania, Syria and Yemen.
ASIA & PACIFIC:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Iran, India, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan and Tajikistan.
Ecuador and Mexico
Azerbaijan, Russian Federation, Turkey and Ukraine
The Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative will cover;
- Tuition fees
- Study materials
Applicants for this scholarship offer must;
- Have a recognised refugee status in the country they are currently living in
- Successfully have completed secondary schooling to a high standard/good grades
- No other means of support for their university education
- Choose a course of study which will likely to lead to employment in the country of origin with maximum 3 to 4 years period
- Below 28 years of age at the beginning of studies
No any other family member should be receiving a DAFI scholarship
HOW TO APPLY:
- Check if there is a DAFI Programme in your country of asylum
- Assess if you meet the criteria above
- Use the form below to email your country of interest contact form.
- Then, fill in the country specific application form and submit following the procedures indicated in the form.