The Training course “United in Diversity” provides new competences to youth workers and youth leaders to support and manage work with diverse and socially disadvantaged groups, especially young people with fewer opportunities
Project “United for Diversity and Inclusion” aims at promoting and nurturing the value of EU, respect for human dignity and ensure inclusion and participation for all.
The project is composed of 2 mobility of youth workers activities organized by USB: a Seminar with partnership building elements that was organised from 5th to 12th of October 2019 and a Training course for educators that will be organised from 10th to 17th of February 2020, both in Thessaloniki, Greece.
The Training course “United in Diversity” will involve 24 participants from 8 countries that are youth workers, youth leaders, volunteers who are involved in the work of involved organisations.
- provide new competences to youth workers and youth leaders to support and manage work with diverse and socially disadvantaged groups, especially young people with fewer opportunities as well as competences to foster social inclusion, European values and active youth participation;
- present and use youth work frameworks and tools for trainers’ competency assessment (European Training Strategy, SALTO TOY and Council of Europe portfolio) for participants to self-assess and evaluate their role as youth workers and non-formal educators;
- improve the managerial, social, intercultural, facilitation and training competences of participants by identifying the areas where and how they can improve themselves (through working on personal development and learning plans);
- develop, practice and evaluate non-formal learning activities that will be put together in ‘Inclusion and Diversity Toolbox’ for working with disadvantaged groups, promotion of diversity and fostering social inclusion, European values and active youth participation that will be used by involved organisations, participants or other stakeholders in youth work across Europe;
- create a group of competent educators/trainers/multipliers with pro-active attitudes towards combating social exclusion who will implement activities and multiply the acquired knowledge, skills and tools in work with diversity, inclusion and youth with fewer opportunities;
- develop strategic plans for action in forms of follow-up activities that will be run by participants with the support of partner organisations back in their local communities and countries.
- Youth workers, youth leaders, volunteers who are involved in the work of partner organisations;
- With some experience in the fields of diversity, social inclusion & youth participation;
- With experiences of preparing and facilitating non-formal learning activities;
- Strong motivation and open-minded attitude;
- Over 18 years old and able to comfortably communicate in English;
- Residents in the involved countries
Participants who want to apply have to fill in the online Google form here by 22/01/2020.
Your kind of training?
This Training Course is
for 24 participants
from Bulgaria, Greece, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Spain
and recommended for
Youth workers, Youth leaders, Volunteers that are involved in work of partner organizations
United Societies of Balkans (Youth NGO)
Contact for questions:
No participation fee is required.
Accommodation and food
Accommodation and 3 meals per day are covered by the program.
The venue for accommodation is “STAY Youth Hostel & Common Place” (info here). Participants will stay in Quad Dorms with bunk beds, sharing bedrooms and toilets.
Travel costs will be reimbursed until the budget limit, set by the Erasmus+ the programme, based on the real costs of the tickets.
TRAVEL GRANT LIMITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
North Macedonia 180€