The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (four-week study students are excluded) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
1. Tuition fee does not cover the textbook expenses and tourist tickets.
2. School will offer free double rooms to students.
3. The monthly allowance for one-academic-year study students and one-semester students is 2,500 CNY per person.
II. Qualifications for Application
1. Non-Chinese citizens;
2. In good physical and mental condition, well performed both academically and behaviorally;
3. Aspired to take future careers on the teaching or international promotion of Chinese language;
4. Between the ages of 16-35 on September 1st, 2020; Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall not exceed the age limit of 45.
III. Scholarship Types and Application Qualifications
|Types||Courses||Qualifications||Scholarship duration||Admission time||Application deadline|
|Scholarship for One-Academic-Year StudyNote: International students currently studying in China are not eligible.||Chinese Language and Literature||minimum score of 180 in HSK test (Level 4) and 60 in HSKK test (intermediate level)||11 months||September, 2020||20thJune, 2020|
|Chinese Language Study||minimum score of 180 in HSK test (Level 3)|
|Scholarship for One-Semester StudyNote: Applicants withholding visas X1 or X2 are not eligible.||Chinese Language and Literature||minimum score of 210 in HSK test (Level 3), while HSKK test score required||5 months||September, 2020 or March, 2020||20thJune, 2020or 20thDecember, 2020|
|Scholarship for Four-Week StudyNote: Applicants withholding visas X1 or X2 are not eligible.||Chinese Language plus home-stay Experience in a Chinese Family||HSK test score are required；Organized and applied by a Confucius Institute with 10-15 participants per group||four-week scholarship||July or December of 2020||20thApril, 2020 or 20thSeptember, 2020|
|Special Four-week Program for Confucius Institutes|
IV. Application Procedure
1. Applicants should log in the CIS website (cis.chinese.cn) to search recommending institutions and host institutions, and complete the application online.
2. Please log in the Online Application System of Zhejiang Gongshang University (Google Browser Only) to complete the application and submit the required documents.
3. Required Documents
(1) A Scanned copy of passport and a two-inch photo
(2) Highest education certificate and academic transcripts. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
Note: Applicants who apply for the program with proof of expected graduation should provide the highest education diploma before the registration date, or the admission will be disqualified.
(3) Scanned copy of score reports of the HSK and HSKK tests (within the two-year validity).
(4) A Recommendation letter by the head of the recommending institutions.
(5) Scanned copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form（download）.
(6) Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall provide the proof of employment as well as a reference letter by the employing institution
(7) Applicants who under the age of 18 should submit Letter of Authorization andGuardian’s Letter of Guarantee; guardian must be adult Chinese person or adult foreigners resided in China.
1. Zhejiang Gongshang University will review the admission qualification according to the applicants’ performance. Hanban will complete the scholarship review and notify the results two months before enrollment of the admitted students.
2. Applicants can track the application progress, feedback of review and the result in the CIS website (cis.chinese.cn) .
3. The winners can print out CIS certificate online in CIS website (cis.chinese.cn).
4. Chinese Bridge winners who have been awarded the 2020 “Confucius Institute Scholarship Certificate” shall log into the CIS website and submit documents to our university upon presentation of their CIS certificates. Please contact email@example.com for inquiry.
Address：Room 517, Admission Office, College of International Education, Zhejiang Gongshang University, 18 Xuezheng Str., Xiasha, Hangzhou, 310018, China